Some ideas for coping with the pain
- I just reupholstered the car seat - with a tailbone cutout underneath the seat cloth. Cost to fix up my severely collapsed driver seat was $350 CAD with taxes, and the tailbone cutout works well (ie no pain, and no pain added).
- stretch often - lying on multiple mats on the back with legs into the air, supported by small cushion, and one leg crossed over the other to stretch the butt muscles which tighten too much over the coccyx.
- go to 'restorative yoga' -- which restricts activity to stretching, especially the pelvis region.
- swimming -- exercises by hanging onto the ladder in the deep end of pool and rotating / moving legs through all positions possible to limber them up <> i.e. do movements that are not otherwise safe, not comfortable or not possible with normal weight-bearing exercises.
- consume chlorella tablets to aid detoxification and that aid in management of candida
- consume proteolytic enzymes that aid in eating scar tissue
- sleep on 3" memory foam
- the coccyx cushion, so popular, is NOT for long-term sitting!! It is too narrow and too short and the tailbone cutout ends up cutting into the flesh over long hours. It will over time bust up your hamstring muscles -- Find a discount foam shop, and get them to cut you a custom cushion